Technically, we’re a literary magazine. In reality, we’re kind of a catch-all publication that embraces every kind of writing and artistry. We have poets, lyricists, illustrators, novelists, essayists, and more contributing and promote the work of performing artists and others we can’t actually publish with us due to their mediums.
The only things we’re “anti” about around here are hatred and disrespect of others.
Vision for the MockingOwl Roost
To be a safe, healthy, happy place for artists of all kinds – from every culture, belief system, skin color, orientation, identification, gender, and anything else that makes us unique – to speak openly.
Who We Are
- We are a collective of artists from a wide range of backgrounds
- We believe that everyone deserves to be heard and seen
- We believe that differing views and perspectives help us grow and make the world better
- We believe in expressing ourselves in respectful, mindful ways
- We are passionate about mentoring writers and artists in their careers and works
What We Aim to Do
- Be a community of and for artists, authors, and our fans
- Encourage creativity and freedom of expression
- Publish things that others may not publish
- Publish things that affirm humans in their struggles and victories
- Expose readers to artists and authors they may not have heard of
- Widen the range of influence of writers and artists
- Connect artists and thinkers with other artists
- Connect artists and thinkers with readers and fans